CENTRE FOR AGEING STUDIES
(Recognised Global Partner of UK Ageing Network; South Asis-SAAGENet)
News and Events Awards & Achievements Projects Research Paper Other activities
Centre for Ageing Studies
Welcome to the Centre for Ageing Studies, IIHMR Delhi, a dedicated platform aimed at comprehending and tackling the distinctive challenges and opportunities associated with the ageing population in India and worldwide. Our centre is committed to advancing research, policy development, and practical interventions that enhance the quality of life for older adults and promote healthy ageing.
At the Centre for Ageing Studies, we recognize that India is experiencing a significant demographic shift with a rapidly growing ageing population. As a multidisciplinary centre, we bring together experts from various fields, including anthropology, psychology, sociology, public health, medicine, and social work. Our collaborative approach allows us to explore ageing from diverse perspectives and develop comprehensive solutions that cater to the evolving needs of older adults.
- Research: We conduct cutting-edge research on ageing-related issues to generate knowledge that informs evidence-based practices and policies. Our research projects encompass a wide range of topics, such as frailty syndrome, health and wellness, caregiving, social inclusion, retirement planning, and age-friendly environments.
- Education and Training: We offer educational programs and training opportunities for professionals, caregivers, and community members interested in enhancing their understanding of ageing and acquiring relevant skills. Our workshops, seminars, and online courses cover various aspects of gerontology and provide practical insights into working with older adults.
- Advocacy and Policy Development: We actively engage with policymakers and advocate for the needs and rights of older adults at the local, regional, and national levels. We aim to influence policies that foster an inclusive and age-friendly society through evidence-based recommendations encompassing healthcare, social support, financial security, and other crucial domains.
- Consultancy: We provide consultancy services to organizations and policymakers seeking guidance on developing age-friendly policies, programs, and services. Our team of experts offers tailored solutions based on the specific requirements of each client.
- Research Collaboration: We actively seek collaborations with national and international research institutions, fostering partnerships to advance the field of gerontology. By pooling our expertise and resources, we aim to conduct innovative research that has a meaningful impact on the lives of older adults.
- Resources and Information: Our centre is a hub for reliable information on ageing-related topics. We curate and disseminate resources, including reports, publications, and online databases, to facilitate knowledge-sharing and empower individuals and organizations working in the field of gerontology.
- Public Awareness: We organize public awareness campaigns and events to promote a positive and inclusive attitude towards ageing. These initiatives aim to challenge ageism, dispel myths about ageing, and foster a society that values and respects the contributions of older adults.
Whether you are an academic, professional, caregiver, or someone with a passion for improving the lives of older adults, we invite you to join us in our journey towards creating a society that celebrates ageing. Explore our website, participate in our programs, and collaborate with us to make a meaningful difference in the lives of older adults in India.
Contact us today to learn more about our initiatives and how you can get involved in the Centre for Ageing Studies.
Dr. Pankaj Talreja, Associate Professor, IIHMR Delhi (9810908898,email@example.com)
Disclaimer: The Centre for Ageing Studies is a non-profit centre of IIHMR Delhi committed to advancing knowledge and practices in the field of ageing. We do not provide direct medical services.