International Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR) New Delhi, one of its three campuses in India. IIHMR Delhi campus is a premier knowledge institution of the country engaged in teaching and training in the domains of Public Health, Health and Hospital Management. Over the decade, IIHMR Delhi has carved a niche for itself among management institutions, both in India and abroad. The Institute plays a major role in promoting and conducting research in policy analysis and formulation, strategy development and effective implementation of policies, training and capacity development and preparing professionals for the healthcare sector. The Institute offers a two-year Postgraduate Programme in Hospital Management, Health Management and Healthcare Information Technology Management.
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: New Delhi (with extensive travel to MP and Gujarat)
Duration of contract: 2 years
IIHMR Delhi engaged in carrying out “implementation research to situational analysis and recommend an improved program model to improve adherence to IFA and calcium in selected areas of selected states in India” and is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Project Coordinator in the mentioned research project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Coordinator (PC) will be responsible for organizing and administering all the practical activities of the project since its inception to end.
- He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project as well as effective and timely implementation of the project activities and outputs.
- He/she will also be responsible for coordinating various communications with the State/District/Block level officials and partners to facilitate smooth execution of the project activities.
- He/she will travel to the project sites, make necessary arrangement in advance for conducting meetings with officials, accompany the core team to the field sites and facilitate in smooth transaction of data collection.
- He/she will also be actively involved in conducting interviews and focus group discussion and collecting quantitative data whenever feasible.
- He/she will also be involved in data analysis (of both qualitative and quantitative data) and help in preparing progress reports as well as final report.
- He/she will undertake extensive monitoring visits to the field sites and keep a track on the work done by the research assistants and for quality checks purpose.
- He/she will monitor the implementation of all project activities and report on the progress to the Principal Investigator (PI) of the study.
- In consultation with the core team members, he/she will organize and ensure smooth conduct of various training program, meetings and dissemination workshop.
- He/she will also be responsible for tracking the progress of different workplans prepared for different phases of the project.
- He/she will provide regular updates of the project progress to the core team members.
- He/she will coordinate with the administration and finance section for timely release of advance for the site visit, travel planning, and coordinating in putting up the claim bill
- He/she will perform any other duties as per the instruction of the PI.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’ Degree with an experience of working in health sector. Higher academic qualifications would be desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the field of public health research
- Should have excellent knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methods. Knowledge of NVivo and SPSS would be desirable
- Should have proven coordination, managerial and organizational ability
- Fluency in English, with excellent drafting and report writing skills, is essential. In addition, knowledge of Hindi and Gujarati would be desirable.
Interested candidates may send their applications along with detailed CV latest by June 30, 2020 addressed to Sr. Manager (A&P), International Institute of Health Management Research, Plot No. 3, Sector 18A, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075. Applications may be submitted by email at email@example.com within stipulated time frame.