The Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Financial Management course is a one-year program jointly offered by IIHMR Delhi and IIHMR University for NHM Odisha personnel sponsored by NHM Odisha. It especially designed for working professionals to enhance their financial management skills for better decision making under public health environment. Enhanced understanding and knowledge of financial management and its approaches are pivotal for efficient and effective utilization of resources. To achieve this objective, a course in public health financial management with an overall goal to provide a fundamental understanding of key issues in financial management, health economics, public health for informed decision-making and implementation is designed.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
At the end of the program the participants would be able to:
- Impart financial skills relevant to the public health systems
- Enhance understanding and knowledge of financial management and its approaches are pivotal for efficient and effective utilization of resources.
- Enhance the leadership skills
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
At the end of the course the participants would be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding about the principles, concepts and theoretical foundation of public health financing.
- Show in-depth knowledge about the influence of health care financing and health policy linkages the given context.
- Apply the tools and techniques for Budgeting, Planning and Monitoring of public health financing at block/district level.
- Design and integrate financial management systems for overall public health performance system.
- Develop and interpret financial reporting system in public health
- Display leadership competencies required for District/Block level public health finance management.