Q.1 What is the difference between PGDM/PGDHM and MBA.
The PGDHM course at IIHMR, Delhi has been evaluated by Association of Indian University and approved it as an equivalent to MBA degree of any Indian University. Hence it is equivalent to MBA and the degree given to students states MBA -equivalent.
Q.2 What are the courses offered by IIHMR Delhi?
IIHMR Delhi offers a two-year full time Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management approved by AICTE. It is an NBA Accredited Program and recognized as equivalent to the MBA degree of Indian universities by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with specializations in:
Q.3 Who are eligible to apply for this programme?
Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination. In addition, they should appear in one of the Management Aptitude Test like CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/GMAT/CMAT. Candidates appearing at the final year examination of the bachelor’s degree or waiting for the results in 2020 may also apply. Selected candidates will be given provisional admission. They will be required to submit mark sheet of their graduation within two months of admission. The selection is made strictly on merit.
Q.4 What is the admission procedure?
You can apply online or manually. We verify all application for eligibility and inform you whether your application is accepted or not. After accepting your application; we invite shortlisted candidates for GD/PI (Group Discussion & Personal Interview) to test your communication skills, knowledge, confidence level, etc. If you qualify in GD/PI, you will be offered admission. Within 10 days of selection you have to pay your first installment fee; failing which your admission offer would be cancelled.
Open Day / Group Discussion and Personal Interview dates:-
Q.5 I am not from medical background. Will this course help me?
We get students from both medical and non-medical backgrounds. IIHMR, Delhi brings all students to know various aspects of health during the first year. The non-medical students are brought to the level where they can perform health management functions well.
Q.6 I am confused with MBA at IIHMR Delhi, Bangalore or Jaipur?
Even though terminologies differ like MBA and PGDHM; all IIHMR campuses are the same. The same curriculum is followed across all the 3 campuses. Faculties, Industry Interface, summer trainings, internships and placements are also same across the 3 campuses of IIHMR. IIHMR, Delhi continues to be autonomous institution approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). PGDHM equivalent MBA; whichever you choose and study; would be treated as the same during your campus placements.
Depending on your location or your favorite destination to study you can decide which branch of IIHMR you want to apply to.
Q.7 If I join IIHMR, Delhi what are the advantages I can get?
IIHMR Delhi has following advantages:
Q.8 What is fee?
Total fee structure is 7,25,000/- for two years, you can pay the fees in instalments. Also, if you want to apply for the education loan we can help you in facilitating documents required by bank.
About 25% of our students take education loan and they usually repay it in less than two years.
Q.9 What are the recent student achievements?
1. Awarded scholarship of USD 20,000 for competing the Global Tobacco Control Certificate Program at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA.
2. Featured in the “Limca Book of Records 2010” and was given the Citizen Journalist Award by Network 18, for her activism in implementing the PNDT Act-1994 (Pre-conception and Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques).
3. National Level Award in NIT Kurukshetra Photography contest on “Social Awakening Theme related to Child Health”.
4. Prize in Health Quiz competition in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, organized by Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd.
5. One of the student received “Special friend and festival award” at the 6th international festival of public health, University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
6. One student is going for summer internship to Indonesia.
7. Bagged Runner-up position on “Western Management Thought - Indian Workplace: Confused Results New Potpourri” 2nd Inter-campus Presentation Competition organised by JIMS and IMCI in September 2011.
8. An NGO “The Dove Foundation” (www.thedoveindia.com) was setup by a group of students and their “Project Aarambh” was supported by MTV’s “Staying Alive Foundation”. Their case story was selected as one of the best in Knowledge Management Impact Challenge by USAID Award. In addition, they were the only Indians to win the MTV presentation “Staying Alive Foundation Award 2011”.
Q.10. How are the placements at IIHMR, Delhi?
IIHMR, Delhi has MOU’s with leading hospitals, healthcare companies, Health IT companies, NGO’s, etc. for summer internship, dissertations, and placements across India.
IIHMR, Delhi has excellent placement track record. Some students get multiple offers based on available opportunity.
The main organization where our students are placed include:
Hospital Management: Columbia Asia, Fortis, Max Healthcare, Apollo, Moolchand Hospital, Rockland Hospital, Artemis Hospital, National Heart Institute, Center for sight, Jaipur Golden Hospital, Paras Hospital, Park Hospital, Batra Hospital, Tagore Hospital, Sterling Hospital, etc.
Health Management: WHO, Ministry of Health & family welfare, NACO, PHFI, Pathfinder International, Deepak Foundation, NRHM, HLFPPT, Astron, Octavo solutions Pvt Ltd, Engender, etc.
Health Information Technology Management: Deloitte, Accenture, Dell, HP, Fresco Informatics, Syntel, 21st century healthcare solutions, Neilson, OHUM healthcare solutions, GE, etc.
Q.11 What is the last date for Application submission for 2020?
The process starts from 1st March 2020. You should submit application as soon as possible as seats may get filled by June end.
Q.12 Does the Institute provide Hostel facility for Boys and Girls?
For Girls – Hostel is 10 minutes drive from the institute. The hostel has full time hostel warden, The students are provided free transport for pick up and drop services.
For Boys - Suitable accommodation near the campus as paying guest accommodations are available. The students often rent apartment.
The cafeteria provides good food and menu etc is decided by students.
Q.13 How can I check the status of my application?
IIHMR, Delhi’s admission cell will contact you via email or phone and update you about the status of your application. You can also call and check about the status of your application.
For Further Details and information kindly contact at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 9560400592, 9555249998.