Program Educational Objective (PEO)
"The IIHMR, Post Graduate Program in Hospital and Health Management is designed to provide the graduate students with appropriate knowledge, attitude and skills to enable them to perform as effective leaders and managers in healthcare industry"
Additionally, the program seeks to fulfil the following specific objectives:
- To understand concepts and techniques of modern management and their application in hospital and healthcare organizations
- To develop skills in diagnosing and solving management problems
- To apply the management skills in planning, building and managing healthcare organizations
- To focus on strategic responsibilities for training and human resource development for healthcare delivery in urban as well as rural areas
Upon completion of the program the student will be able to:
"Function effectively as leader and/or manager in a healthcare set up"
- Internalize the concepts of modern management such as healthcare delivery system, strategic planning, HR, marketing, finance and operations
- Apply knowledge of modern management techniques and functions in an integrated manner in healthcare set up
- Use appropriate skills to support healthcare organizations to take informed decision in planning, building and managing healthcare organizations
- Utilize learning acquired from trainings and practical exposures in real time situations.