- The IIHMR Library follows an open access system.
- Books removed from the shelves should be left on the study table and no effort should be made to replace these books. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- While entering the library, readers should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, brief-cases, personal books, and parcels near the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they can carry loose papers and note books.
- Issued books are not allowed inside the library. Please keep the issued books on the wooden rack near the loan counter.
- Readers leaving the library should allow the library/security staff to examine their personal belongings.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
- Help maintain a peace atmosphere for study. Conversation disturbs your neighbors who want to study. If discussion is necessary, please go to the common/class rooms.
- Readers are responsible for any damage and loosing books or other items issued to them. They required bearing all costs associated with repair/replacement of such item. If a book is lost and is out of print; then the user has to pay the amount of the book plus 20% service charge per book.
- Please switch off your mobile or keep it in silent/vibration mode
- Spitting, smoking, napping, drinking tea and edibles and behavior which may disturb other Users are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Books can be borrowed against library card issued by IIHMR Library to the borrowers.
- The library card is non-transferable and their loss should be immediately reported to the library. Although the library will take all possible care against the misuse of the library card, it is the holder of the library card who is responsible for any loss to the library due to the misuse of his/her library card. A fee of Rs.150/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate cards.
- Bound volumes of periodicals and journals and corporation reports will be issued out for only one week and can be renewed once, unless there is a pending demand, for one more week. This facility is allowed only to faculty members of the institute.
- Following are category wise borrowing entitlement.
|Faculty||A||12 Books for 30 Days|
|SRO/RO/ Officers||B||8 Books For 30 Days|
|Steno/Assistants/ TRO/etc||C||4 Books For 10 Days|
|Students||P||3 Books for 7 Days|
|Out Side Member||O||2 Books for 15 Days|
|Outside Institutional Members||OI||2 Books for 15 Days