1. The IIHMR Library follows an open access system.
2. Books removed from the shelves should be left on the study table and no effort should be made to
replace these books. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
3. While entering the library, readers should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, briefcases,
personal books, and parcels near the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they can carry loose
papers and notebooks.
4. Issued books are not allowed inside the library. Please keep the issued books on the wooden rack near
the loan counter.
5. Readers leaving the library should allow the library/security staff to examine their personal belongings.
6. Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate, or damage library material in any way. If anyone is
found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
7. Help maintain a peaceful atmosphere for study. Conversation disturbs your neighbors who want to
study. If the discussion is necessary, please go to the common/classrooms.
8. Readers are responsible for any damage and losing books or other items issued to them. They
required bearing all costs associated with repair/replacement of such items. If a book is lost
and is out of print; then the user must pay the amount of the book plus a 20% service charge
9. Please switch off your mobile or keep it in silent/vibration mode.
10. Spitting, smoking, napping, drinking tea, and edibles, and behavior that may disturb other Users
are strictly prohibited inside the library.
1. Books can be borrowed against a library card issued by IIHMR Library to the borrowers.
2. The library card is non-transferable, and their loss should be immediately reported to the library.
Although the library will take all possible care against the misuse of the library card, it is the holder
of the library card who is responsible for any loss to the library due to the misuse of his/her library card.
A fee of Rs.150/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate card.
3. The book may be retained for a period not exceeding 7 days. Otherwise, a 5/- rupee fine will be
charged as per library rules and regulations.
4. Books may be renewed on request at the discretion of the Librarian.
5. Bound volumes of periodicals and journals and corporation reports will be issued out for only one
week and can be renewed once, unless there is a pending demand, for one more week. This facility
is allowed only to faculty members of the institute.
6. The following are category wise borrowing entitlement.
Category of Reader Loan Limit
Faculty A 12 Books for 30 Days
SRO/RO/ Officers B 8 Books for 30 Days
Steno/Assistants/ TRO/etc. C 4 Books for 10 Days
Students P 3 Books for 7 Days
Outside Member O 2 Books for 15 Days
Outside Institutional Members OI 2 Books for 15 Days